Are you ready? Tri-State Truck Center, Inc., a family-owned company since 1945, is seeking DYNAMIC Diesel Technicians to add to our family at all of our 9 Tri-State locations!
In this role, your primary responsibilities will be to:
Working on a variety of different types of equipment and supporting our customers as they drive their Mack, Volvo, or International heavy-duty trucks on the road.
· Maintains advanced knowledge of, and strong skill proficiency in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability to perform complex repair maintenance functions:
· At least 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy-duty trucks.
· ASE Heavy Truck Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus but not required.
· Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License is a plus but not required.
· Valid Driver’s License (required).
· Must have your own tools to perform the task that is given to you.
· Completes applicable Company training programs.
· Completes applicable manufacturing training programs for Mack and Volvo and other items.
· Ability to perform inspections and repairs without supervision in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or automotive systems:
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
· Basic understanding of work order labor time standards.
· Prior experience with, or knowledge of, maintenance work to be performed on Classes 1-5 light/medium-duty and heavy-duty Class 7-8 trucks.
· Must be able to rotate a Saturday shift.
· Hydraulics experience is a plus
· Welding experience is a plus
· Air and hydraulic braking systems and ABS system diagnose and repair
· Heating and air conditioning systems.
· Mack, Volvo or International experience is a plus
· Suspension, steering and able to perform truck alignments
· Diesel emission, DEF and SCR diagnose and repair
· Transmission and rear end diagnose and repair
· Chassis, engine, transmission electrical diagnose and repair
· I-shift and M-drive diagnose and repair
· Able to use a laptop computer and a variety of programs for troubleshooting equipment
· Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
· General engine repairs and able to perform tune-ups, replacing injectors and rebuild is a plus.
· Vehicle PM inspections and adjustments
We offer competitive pay, 401k, vacation pay, holiday pay, health, vision, and dental insurance.
Ready to join the Tri-State Family?